Notes from Nancy: January News from Bar-T
Dear Bar-T Family,
To brighten up the month of January, we’ve introduced Camp Kids Club into our programs. We’re all having a blast with our pre-Olympics celebrations. It’s been fun to see all of the penny relays, floor routines, cotton ball relays, and book balance relays! While we will be sad to see our games end in a few weeks, we can’t wait to start cheering on Team USA in Sochi!
As we move into February, Bar-T’s Ethic of the Month will be “Foster a Safe Environment.” Each of our locations will be discussing different types of safety (physical, environmental, emotional, etc.) and will have a special focus on bullying. We will talk about identifying bullying behaviors, avoiding such behaviors, what to do if they are being bullied, and how to stand up to bullying. Bar-T is always a “No Bully Zone” and this month you will be seeing and hearing a lot about it!
We will be having “Stand Up to Bullying Day” on February 26th… We will wear pink to stand up to bullying and will be inviting the kids, staff, and parents to do the same. Why pink? Read more here. There’s even more on the horizon, so be on the look out for information from your Bar-T team.
As always, we love to hear from you. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, my door is always open.
- Pre-K Enrollment is now OPEN! Sign up now for next year. Space is currently available at the following programs:
- Belmont ES (4 year olds)
- Diamond ES (4 year olds)
- Lakewood ES (3 and 4 year olds)
- Matsunaga ES (4 year olds)
- Poolesville Baptist Church (4 year olds)
- BAR-T IS CLOSED ON JANUARY 20TH: All Bar-T programs will be closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- BAR-T IS OPEN ON JANUARY 21ST: All Bar-T programs will be open all day for the professional day.
- SUMMER CAMP OPEN HOUSES ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST: Mountainside will be at 10am and the Ranch will be at Noon. You can email Ranch@bar-t.com and Mountainside@bar-t.com for more information.
- WE WILL BE PLAYING OUTSIDE: In all of our programs, we will be taking the kids outside on a daily basis. With the weather getting crisper, please make sure that your child is dressed appropriately to have fun outdoors!
- HOST YOUR CORPORATE PARTIES, FAMILY REUNIONS, AND SPECIAL EVENTS AT BAR-T MOUNTAINSIDE! Email Mark atMOrens@bar-t.com.
Your feedback about our program is important to us. Please take a moment to fill out this short survey:
Training and educating our team is very important to us and we’d like to take a minute to congratulate the following staff members on completing the 90-hour course:
We’re already enrolling for Summer Camp 2014 and are excited to see spaces filling up already! Sign your child up for Summer Camp at the Ranch, Mountainside, Kids Camp, Sports Camps, and Riding Camp now at registration.bar-t.com.
For more information about our camps, please reach out to Joe Richardson, Director of Summer Programs, at
email@example.com or 301-212-1203.
This year, payments for Summer Camp will be due on June 1st and July 1st. This will allow our Kids Club families to avoid making two payments in May! Additionally, if you would like to spread out the cost of Summer Camp in your monthly Kids Club tuition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.